Saturday, December 14, 2013

Twisted Challenge 13: Faux Tile

As I finished my card & went to show my husband, the convo went something similar to him telling me that I had a nice card with some "Fru-fru" thing on it.  Yes, fru-fru.  I didn't even bother to tell him what it was made of.  I'm not a fan of fru-fru.  LOL


Anyhoo, today's challenge at The Technique Twist challenge we are playing with Faux Tile.  There are several different techniques out there but I chose to use Julie Warner's technique for Faux Tile Background.  How did I twist though?  Hmm......in my Snowy Brillance post, I talked about my brillant moment with Waxed paper!  Here it is.  I was going to use Vellum but quite honestly, the score lines just kept ripping.  So while I was embossing & using my waxed paper to catching my embossing powder, I accidentally spilled some on there.  I just decided to heat it up & it created this glossiness.  So for this fluffy snowflake, I stamped & embossed some snowflakes on waxed paper, then I also made sure the wax was heated up as well.  I then scored the waxed paper to give it tile lines and over the back of it, I sponged on some darker ink.  The layers were then separated - the two clear layers were crumbled & spread back open.  Everything was layered & adhered with a brad.

Pretty cool, right?!  And ssssooo not fru-fru!  ;)  Come check out the rest of the DT at The Technique Twist & link up your own creation for your chance to win!


 Supplies:
SU! Cardstock & DSP: Early Espresso & Winter Frost DSP
Ink: SU! Chocolate Chip, Pool Party, Whisper White, & Bermuda Bay, Versamark
Stamps: See Do's, Papertrey Ink Think Big Favorites #8 Mini Stamp Set
Accessories: Big Shot, Flurries Framelits, Snowflake Punch, Waxed paper, SU! Pewter & White Embossing Powder, Rhinestones, Glitter Brad

Have a fabulously twisted day!
Julz :)

1 comment:

Pam Strobel said...

So funny Julz, that " F" word has been known to be used by my hubby also. Thanks for the description on the wax paper...very cool!