Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Technique Time Tuesday: Choose your favorite past technique

The Design Team at Technique Time Tuesday is taking a little break this month for the holidays but we still want to see what you have in store for us!  This month, we're choosing our favortie past techniques & encourage you to do the same!  There's a great prize package for you to win!
Merry Christmas to YOU, right?!!?  :)

I think my favorite past technique is Water Stamping for a few different reasons.  
One, it's easy peasy & anyone can waterstamp!  
Two, very little extra tools are involved - water, stamps, ink!  
(Seriously, how much more simple can you get?!)
Three, fun variations can be found!

Now, as simple as Waterstamping is, I did get a little technical here & challenge myself with a shaker tag.  HA!  The Snow was stamped & die cut from cardstock inked up with Melon Mambo, Elegant Eggplant, Island Indigo, Pool Party, & Pistachio Pudding. Now once it dried, it kinda created this great Bokah effect as the images dried which I loved!  Sometimes, things that don't turn out exactly as you thought they would but are still marvelous! ;)
 I die cut some acetate to fit in between the two snowflakes (don't use punches, it's not pretty - ask me how I know this!).  Then I sprinkled some super fine glitter in between the layers before I glued them together.

Supplies:
SU! Cardstock: Pool Party
SU! Ink: Melon Mambo, Elegant Eggplant, Island Indigo, Pool Party, & Pistachio Pudding
Stamps: Heidi Stamps Flourish, Papertrey Ink Wonderful Words SNOW
Accessories: Big Shot, SU! Flurries Framelits, Papertrey Ink SNOW Die, Acetate, Tombow, SU! Silver Ribbon, Cropodile

Have a fabulous day!
Julz :)





5 comments:

Mynnette said...

LOVE IT, Julz! The colors you used are SO FUN and I adore the snowflake theme! HUGS and have a great rest of the week! :) Mynn xx

Karen Petitt said...

Just wanted to pop over and say thank you hun for the lovely comment you left on my creation for this month. I love your tag -the inkyness is right up my street. You can't beat a bit water stamping, it is my all time favourite technique - I mean it's free! Have a lovely Xmas xx

Shana Gaff said...

I love your shaker tag! What a clever idea. The colors you chose are so beautiful and look so rich!

JD/ Jill said...

This is so pretty! I'm not familar with this technique. I have to go check out the tutorial...thanks for sharing.

Ellen said...

Julz this is so creative and fun! Love the glitter inside!