Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Make It Monday Challenge 143: Modern Whimsy Style

It's my first time playing the Make It Monday Challenge!  I've always admired the fabulous creations the Papertrey Ink DT has created but this one is by far one of my favs!  I love all things whimsy & this new style of papercrafting is right up my alley!

I've had this great double sided paper in my stash for years and have no idea who makes it.  It was found in some scrapbooking kit.  The design itself has great whimsical heart flourishes.  I die cut some heart garland from vellum and stamped it in two different colors then spritzed some Shimmer Mist on them.  I gradually started stacking the layers from there until I had a concept I liked.  In going with the love theme, I used a normally holiday stamp - Tis the Season inside as it is the season for love! Or will be by Valentine's Day! :)


Supplies:
SU! Ink: Baha Breeze, Cherry Cobbler
Cardstock: SU! Crumb Cake, Baha Breeze
Stamps: Papertrey Ink Confetti Garland Borders & Think Big Favorites #8 Mini Stamp Sets
Accessories: Big Shot, SU! Expressions Thinlets, Papertrey Ink Garland Dies, Doily, SU! Vintage Faceted Button, Scrapbook paper, Shimmer Mist

Have a fab day!
Julz



7 comments:

Birgit said...

What a bright and fun card, Julie!

Martha said...

Julie, what a DARLING card! I love the pretty colors.

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the energy of your card - it is bursting with fun & love! Great sentiment you picked for the inside!

Tara said...

So fun and happy! Beautiful!

Danielle said...

The doily and vellum heart garland are such pretty additions!! Love your card!
Danielle

Marybeth said...

Welcome to your first MIM . MIM way the reason I started my blog.
Your card is beautiful and whimsy! I love the colors and your shimmery spritz!

Amy Papale said...

This card is soooo pretty!