Thursday, December 5, 2013

House of Cards Inspiration Challenge

The House of Cards has a great challenge up right now with a beautiful inspiration pic that so clean & sparkly!  And you just KNOW, I love me some sparkle!  ;)  I was so inspired I made two cards! 

The first one is very CAS but I felt it was missing something.  I used a die to embossed the cardstock then stamped the snowflake garland & heat embossed it.  I liked it but........

Thought about Susan's Rule of Three and decided that I would add some embossed strips of foil tape.  It anchored the snowflake garland & gave some extra shine to the card.  Now I LOVE this! :)


Supplies for 'Tis the Season:
SU! Cardstock: Basic Grey & Whisper White
SU! Ink: Pacific Point, Versamark
Stamps: Papertray Ink Confetti Garland BordersThink Big Favorites #8 Mini Stamp Sets
Accessories: Taylored Expressions Tiny Twinkles, Foil Tape, Big Shot, Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Stampendous Stardust Embossing Powder, Papertrey Ink Garland Border Dies

Have a fab day!
Julz :)

6 comments:

Mynnette said...

They're both fabulous, Julz!!! LOVE all the white space--it really makes your sparkle POP! THANK YOU so much for joining in our blog hop/DT call at HOC! Good luck! :) HUGS! Mynn xx

Donna Nuce said...

Love both cards! I am partial to the first one beacause of how CAS it is. Good luck with the DT application. Thanks for joining us at House of Cards.

Nancy Seed said...

Another great card. Fits right in the the Clean and Simple style. Thanks again for HOPPING with us.

Ruth M said...

I love both of your cards for our HOC photo inspiration blog hop challenge - you really can't beat seasonal sparkle can you?! I love the vellum snowflake shaker, what a fab design! Thanks so much for hopping with us & for applying for a DT spot - good luck! Ruth x

Daen'Ys said...

I love the simple style of your card. It's very stylish!
Thanks for joining at HOC for our blog hop.
Good luck! Rosi x

Vannessa said...

Fabulous CAS cards, but I do admit to liking the blinged up version more - love me a bit of sparkle! Thanks for joining in our December blog hop challenge at HOC.

Hugs, Vannessa