Friday, December 13, 2013

A moment of Snowy Brillance

Every have that morning where you wake up leisurely on your day off so happy that you could sleep in for a change?  Yeah, that wasn't this morning for me!  My eyes popped open & stayed that way at 5a!  Seriously?! My normall body alarm clock of 746a would have been just fine, thank you!

Anyhoo, it must have been due to the fact that my muse was calling & I had a moment of "snowy" brillance!  Yes, I said it!  SNOWY Brillance!  What the heck am I talking about?! Waxed Paper, of course! HA!  I was actually creating something for our next challenge over at The Technique Twist (b/c I'm all about thinking outside of the box) and low & behold, it was like a lightening bolt came down & said WAXED PAPER - USE IT!  Therefore, a moment of Snowy Brillance.  So let's get to it!

There are so many great SNOW challenges out there this week!

Did you catch a theme there??  Yes, ALL are Clean And Simple - CAS challenges!

So as I'm making my sample, I was using Waxed Paper for the embossing powder part so I could place it easily back into the jar.  Well, I accidentaly inked up the waxes paper too & then sprinkled embossing powder over it.  OOPS!  But, I was all, let me just heat this up!  And then my snowy brillant moment happened!  I noticed the waxed paper was nice & glossy afterwards.  Hmm, so if I added some snowflakes in various colors, what would happen?  They just sink right into the wax & doesn't smear!  LOVE IT!  This is actually a double layer of waxed paper, BTW but the stamped images are on the outside not in between the layers.  Gorgeous, right?







\

 Supplies:
SU! Cardstock: Early Espresso
SU! Ink: Bermuda Bay, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Illuminate
Stamps: Think Big Favorites #8 Mini Stamp Set
Accessories: Big Shot, Flurries Framelits, Snowflake Confetti, Waxed paper, SU! Clear & White Embossing Powder, Rhinestones, Shimmer Mist

Have a fabulously "snowy" day!
Julz ;)



6 comments:

sanketi said...

Just beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

Rosemary said...

the snowflake you created is so pretty!! lovely card... thanks so much for playing along with CASology!

Sandi said...

Love the embossed words...it makes the whole card pop.

Tracey McNeely said...

Really pretty snowflake and love the embossed sentiment. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASology!

Deb said...

What a near discovery! Love the shimmer. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Tasnim said...

Beautiful card, and all that shimmer is simply stunning!!