Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Technique Time Tuesday Challenge: Faux Frame

Technique Time Tuesday has a fun challenge this week!
We're playing with Faux Frames!  If you're unfamiliar with this technique, check out Mynnette's video. Create your own fun design & link up!  There's a great prize involved! :)


 I must admit this is the first I've really focused on a Faux Frame & I love the look!  I added an additional bonus to mine by diecutting SNOW  in the middle of it to give it some extra pop!  This was super easy & a great way to give your card some added WOW without lots of added accessories.  I bet it would look great with multiple colors of sponging as well!  Hmm.....I might need to work on another card.  ;)


Supplies:
SU! Cardstock: Mambo Melon, Whisper White
Ink: SU! Mambo Melon
Stamps: Papertrey Ink Wonderful Words: SNOW
Accessories: Big Shot, Shimmer Mist, SU! Flurries Framelits, Rhinestones, Papertrey Ink SNOW Die

Have a fab day!
Julz :)


5 comments:

Ellen said...

Jules your snowflake card is adorable! So bright and cheerful!
Hugs
Ellen

Rocky said...

I love the idea of putting the word snow on there too, looks fab.

Mynnette said...

I LOVE this, Julz! The colors are so fun and I adore the sentiment withing the faux framing!!! HUGS and hope you have a great rest of the week, friend! :) Mynn xx

Karen said...

Unique take on the technique Julz...love it! The SNOW in the center really is fun and the card is Fabulous! - Karen

Hayley Kew said...

Very cute idea to use the snowflake framelits!!! Fun colour combo too :)