Thursday, November 7, 2013

A Rustic Christmas Card


The Stampin' Celebration Team has a great inspiration photo this month!  It actually made me think more Christmasy than Autumn-like.  Everything's subject to interpretation, right?  ;)  Using the Retro Sketches Challenge sketch this week, I created this cute little 4.25"x4.25" card below.  This also qualifies for the CAS-ology challenge: Brown.

The burlap is stamped with a Chevron embossing folder (if you look closely, you can see it).  I made a little frame out of retired DSP and added a rock'n'roll stamped Flurry.  


Supplies:
SU! Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Early Espresso
SU! Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Chocolate Chip, Soft Suede
Stamps: SU! Festive Flurries & Petite Pairs, Papertrey Ink Confetti Garland Borders, Martha Stewart Christmas Stamp Set
Accessories: Big Shot, Flurry Framelits, Pearls, Vintage Faceted Button, Burlap, Organza Ribbon, Chevron Embossing Folder

Have a fab day!
Julz :)


6 comments:

Ellen said...

I am getting so in the holiday mood. Unfortunately neither of my kids will be home, so I'm sure Mr Scrooge (dear hubby) will try to kill my Christmas spirit, but I am marching on, undaunted! I love your card and that snowflake is gorgeous!
Hugs
Ellen

Anita Krul said...

Thanks for playing along at Stampin' Celebration Julie. I love your card and the way it made you see "Christmas"! Come back and play again next month!

Rosemary said...

what a fun card... love the burlap! thanks so much for playing along with CASology!

Tracey McNeely said...

Love your snowflake and the touch of burlap! Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology!

Lauri Ingram said...

Love the rustic card!! The burlap is such a great touch! Thanks for joining Stampin Celebration!

Cori Kozak said...

What a wonderful card! I love all of the texture and those colors look fab for a Christmas card! Thank you for playing along over at Stampin' Celebration!!