Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Two for One - Bokah & Faux Cloisonne

I'm back from vacation with some fun techniques from both the Technique Twist Challenge & the Technique Time Tuesday Challenge!  Our latest Twisted Challenge is the Bokah Technique.  Check out all the details here.  The Technique Time Tuesday Challenge is all about the Faux Cloisonné technique.  Check out both & come join us!

For the Bokah Technique, I decided to use the new Foil Sheets from Stampin' Up! as my base.  I stamped small stars in Illuminate, Bermuda Bay, Island Indigo, & Pacific Point and then blasted the sheet with a heat gun to dry the ink.  You could also use some embossing powder to heat set these stars.  

For the Faux Cloisonne technique, I decided to use DSP instead of a magazine page.  I used the Winter Frost DSP and Pewter Embossing Powder to create the stars.
Supplies: All Stampin' Up!
Ink:  Illuminate, Bermuda Bay, Island Indigo, & Pacific Point
Cardstock/Paper: Basic Gray, Foil Sheets, Winter Frost DSP
Stamps: Banner Greetings, Simply Stars
Accessories: Pewter Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, 1/2" Circle Punch, Owl Builder Punch, Cupcake Builder Punch

Have a fab day!
Julz

9 comments:

Mynnette said...

LOVE the shine, Julz! The colors you chose are so sparkly and fun--this is absolutely great! HUGS and have a great rest of the week! :) Mynn xx

Louise van Vuren said...

Just had a look at the boukha technique - it looks interesting and fun, sure I'll give it a go, great to combine it with the TTT technique this month and your stars look fabuous. This is such a shiny, sparkly card, love it!

Louise xx

Ellen said...

Oh Julz what a festive card! I love that shiny background and your cloisonné stars look beautiful!
Hugs
Ellen

Ellen said...

Oh Julz what a festive card! I love that shiny background and your cloisonné stars look beautiful!
Hugs
Ellen

Ellen said...

Oh Julz what a festive card! I love that shiny background and your cloisonné stars look beautiful!
Hugs
Ellen

Ellen said...

Oh Julz what a festive card! I love that shiny background and your cloisonné stars look beautiful!
Hugs
Ellen

Ellen said...

Oh Julz what a festive card! I love that shiny background and your cloisonné stars look beautiful!
Hugs
Ellen

Shana Gaff said...

This looks awesome, Julz! I love the stars and both techniques you used. I am going to have to try that background technique on the gold. It looks amazing!

Karen said...

Julz I really love the shiny look to your card. It is so pretty and these colors are wonderful together.