Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Twisted Challenge 09: Double Embossing

Sometimes you make decisions that set your creativity free!  This week, I made some of my own & for the first time in quite sometime, I feel truly inspired again!  My Mojo is BACK!  WOOHOO! :)

Sssoooo, now we're off to our challenge this week at The Technique Twist!  We're Double Embossing with fun powders & lots of shimmer! 

You'll notice I used the same stamp & a similar layout on both cards below but I made them slightly different.  I've had this great stamp for a few years (I think it was one I found in the dollar bin at Michaels but I could be wrong.) and got it out to ink it up today!  For the card below, I used three types of embossing powder.  I sprinkled Red Dragon & Stardust embossing powder & heated it up.  Then I went over the whole panel with clear embossing powder for extra shine.  

For the square card, I used clear embossing powder & Stardust over Bermuda Bay ink on Foil Paper.  I couldn't quite capture the loveliness of the second image but it's gorgeous IRL.

So now it's your turn!  Come join us at The Technique Twist Challenge & show us whatcha got!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Basic Black & Real Red, Bermuda Bay
DSP: Winter Frost (card #2)
Stamp: $1 butterfly swirl, Sassy Salutations, Petite Pairs
Ink: Versamark, Bermuda Bay
Accessories: Clear Embossing Powder, Stampendous Stardust & Red Dragon, Silver Foil Sheets

Have a fabulously twisted day!
Julz :)


No comments: