Friday, September 6, 2013

A bleachy, sketchy My Paper Pumpkin!

In my inspiration piece today for The Technique Twist Bleach Challenge, I also combined the sketch from Hand Stamped Sentiments & My Pumpkin Challenge: Shapes!

 One of the best things I like about My Paper Pumpkin is that you receive this kit with colors you may not normally use together.  It kinda sparks your creativity & pushes your boundaries a little farther, ya know? :)

I bleach stamped the light blue tissue paper that came in the MPP package with the same bicycle stamp. Then crumbled it up and adhered it to some Whisper White cardstock.

I die cut the second largest snowflake from Festive Flurries out of the polka dot cardstock then cut off the tips of the larger points so it wouldn't look quite so snowflaky. My spray bottle kinda sprayed the card a little wonky so I just went with it! What else can you do when your card is completely finished? HA!  In the end I liked the random effect!

Supplies: All Stampin' Up! (bleach is the exception)
Cardstock: Basic Grey, Whisper White, Polka Dot from MPP
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Bermuda Bay
Paper: Winter Frost
Stamps: Bicycle from MPP, Banner Greetings
Accessories: Rhinestones, Shimmer Mist, Big Shot, Festive Flurries Framelits, MPP

Have a fab day!
Julz

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh my Julz, this is fabulous!! Love the bicycle on the snowflake, snipping the ends and the wonky spray...looks GREAT!!!
Tx u for libking to My Pumpkin Challenge!!!
Jess

Erin Gonzales said...

I LOVE THIS! I enjoy your attitude as well... when life gives you lemons- you eat them!! :-) Your card turned out beautiful and I am so glad that you shared it with us at HSS!!

Bada-Bing Creations said...

Cute! I love the MPP kits too! I love the stamps the most! I do love these colors together! Thanks for playing at HSS!

brrenwick said...

Great card! I love the technique you used and all of the colors are fabulous! Thanks for joining us at HSS!

Krista said...

Wow, so many cool elements and like you said, so random, but they come together beautifully! Thanks for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Heather said...

So perfect! That tissue is too good to pass up - you're so right! What a cute idea with the snowflake! Thanks so much for sharing at My Pumpkin Challenge!