Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Dahlia Fold Technique

We're making Dahlia Folds this month at Technique Time Tuesday! It's a cool little fold technique made with circles! Come join the fun! :)

I turned my Dahlia Folds into flower buds for a variation on the large Dahlia Fold Circle and created the card below.  For the large buds, I tucked three Dahlia Folds into one Dahlia Fold.  The smaller buds were created with just one tucked into another.


I started thinking about what other shapes I could use this technique on.  What about a heart?  That'd be pretty cool right? 

I was hoping to have a video for you but I'm having tehnical difficulties so instead I have a tutorial which lays out the process.

 Supplies: All Stampin' Up!
Cardstock: Pool Party, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, (retired) Candlelight Christmas DSP
Ink: Wild Wasabi, Pool Party
Stamps: Everything Eleanor, Paper Pumpkin, Oh Whale!
Accessories: 1" Circle Punch, Whisper White Organza Ribbon

Dahlia Heart Fold Card Supplies: All Stampin' Up!
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Calypso Coral, Sale-a-bration DSP (retired)
Ink: Wild Wasabi, Marina Mist
Stamps: Itty Bitty Banners
Accessories: Big Shot, Fashionable Hearts Embosslit, Large Pearl, Whisper White Organza Ribbon
Have a fab day!
Julz :)

No comments: