Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Technique Time Tuesday Brick Wall

Remember the big news I had for you?!?  I'm so excited to announce that I'm part of the Technique Time Tuesday Challenge Design Team & this is my first post!  *doing the happy dance* :)  Stay tuned to read more about the fantastic group of talented designers here.

 This month, the technique is the Brick Wall Technique.  I took a 3"x4" piece of Whisper White cardstock and pressed Bahama Breeze onto the cardstock using the ink pad itself.  I spritzed liberally with Shimmer Mist, sponged off a little color, then repeated using Wild Wasabi.  I inked up my stamp and heat embossed with Pewter Embossing Powder.  I created my brick wall then die cut a tag. 

Won't you join us?  I'd love to see what you create! :)




Supplies: All Stampin' Up!
Cardstock: Bahama Breeze,Whisper White
Ink: Bahama Breeze, Wild Wasabi
Stamps: Petite Pairs, Everything Eleanor, En Francais
Accessories: Shimmer Mist, Pewter Embossing Powder, Whisper White Organza Ribbon, Big Shot, Beautiful Wings Embosslit, Vintage Designer Buttons, Linen Thread, Dazzling Details, Two Tags Bigz Die

Have a fab day!
Julz ;)

10 comments:

die amelie said...

Love your bling brick wall tag, Julz! That pewter embossing looks so great!

Hugs,
Claudia x

Stamping in Pink said...

Gorgeous tag Julz, love the colours you've used. A formal welcome to the challenge hun Karen x

Mynnette said...

LOVE the use of the pewter embossing powder instead of black! The colors are just so fabulous and your butterflies are the perfect accents! HUGS! :)

Rocky said...

Love the swirl stamp, must add that to the wish list. It's a great first DT sample, here's to our voyage of discovery together.

Ellen said...

Julz this is beautiful! You did such a great job on the brick wall. I love the way you colored the tag and the embossing is beautiful!

Tracie Breland said...

What no buttons?? I just kidding, it's gorgeous! Great job.

Tracie Breland said...

What no buttons?? I just kidding, it's gorgeous! Great job.

Katy said...

Julz-you did an awesome job with this tag! So pretty!! Love your butterflies too! :)

Hayley Kew said...

Very pretty card! I love the way the silver really pops off the tag :) Very excited to be a part of the team with you at Technique Time Tuesday :)

Louise van Vuren said...

Thank you for the tips on creating your background, and the pewter embossing is perfect for this project. Love the butterflies, in fact love everything about it! Great job!

Louise xx