Friday, December 28, 2012

Happy 2013!

It's hard to believe but 2013 is just days away!  3 days, in fact!  This year has just flown by so fast I didn't send out too many Christmas cards due to time constraints.  Instead, I'll send out some New Year's cards!  This is a very CAS card with two layers - the second layer being 3 Red Glimmer Paper dots so really it's one layer! ;)

 
I first embossed Happy 2013 in White Embossing Powder then went back over with some flourishes stamped with Versamark & added some clear embossing powder for a watermark finish.  After I added some dots and a few spritzes of Shimmer Mist, Voila!  LOVE. IT!  :)  This card took exactly 5 minutes, 32 seconds to make.
 
Challenges:
 
Supplies: All Stampin' Up!
Cardstock: Basic Black, Red Glimmer Paper
Ink: Whisper White, Versamark
Stamps: Everything Eleanor, Memorable Moments, Word Play
Accessories: Shimmer Mist, Embossing Powder, 1/2" circle Punch, Owl Builder Punch (for multiple circle sizes)
 
Have a fab day!
Julz :)

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh la la...I love flourishes and this is no exception. Gorgeous card. Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Paulina said...

This is such a festive card! I tend to use red/ black/ white for New years cards too! (In fact, I just made another one in these colors!)

Thank you for joining in the 10 Minute Craft Dash, Julz. Fabulous card!

Deb said...

Love all of that embossing! Gorgeous in just 5 1/2 minutes! Wow! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays! Happy New Year!

Tameko said...

Beautiful card design, and a great idea. I wish I had thought about sending New Years cards, because I really missed the mark on X-Mas cards this year. Thanks for joining the Sentimental Sundays Challenge!