Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Sneak Peek Day 1


Here I am with the first of many sneak peeks from the new catalog!  Plus this cute little card is perfect for the following challenges:

Stampin' Royalty: Punches


This is from the new Hostess set called Four Seasons.  There are four great wreath & bird images for each season as well as coordinating stamps.  I used the flowers and inked up the stamps with Versamark before stamping onto the cardstock.  I used Pretty in Pink, Rose Red, & Calypso Coral inks to bring out the images.  I almost added a sentiment and then decided I liked the card without it.  The bird and the wreath were punched out and popped up with Dimensionals.  I'm going to make a set of these for my Grandma because she loves to write and is quite the bird fanatic! :)

Supplies: All Stampin' Up!
Cardstock: Whisper White, Calypso Coral
Ink: Rose Red, Pretty in Pink, Calypso Coral, Whisper White, Versamark
Stamp set: Four Seasons
Accessories: Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, Whisper White Organza Ribbon

Have a fab day!
Julz  :)

10 comments:

Krista said...

Wow, the emboss resist sure adds such a nice touch to this stamp set. Great choice of color, too!! Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Erika Clark said...

Ooh, she's sneak-peeking! I love it! That stamp set lends itself nicely to embossing resist, you did a beautiful job showcasing the detail on it. Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments! Erika

Jenny said...

I love the pretty white embossed doily, perfect for the birdie to perch on.
Thanks for joining in the fun at CASual Fridays this week :0)
Jenny x

Diane Vander Galien said...

So Pretty!!! Perfect technique for this stamp set!!! Love the pretty color combo- so cute!!! Thanks for playing along with Hand Stamped Sentiments, Diane

Virginia L. said...

How gorgeous!! Love the embossing and ribbon details! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Julie Day said...

Love the colors and embossing! Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

~Erica~ said...

Wow! This is so pretty! I love your bokd choice of color! Thanks for playing with us at HSS!

Bobbie said...

I see this will be another set that grows on me... Super cute! Love the embossing with this set. I too love leaving a card sentiment-less until needed. Thanks for playing with us at HSS.

gvaldes01 said...

Such a cute stamp set. Now I want it even more. I love the simplicity of your card. Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Bada-Bing Creations said...

Oh this is cute! But I'm trying to resist this set...and you are making it hard:-) I like the colors with the white...they really make it pop! Thanks for playing at HSS!