Monday, January 16, 2012

Be Mine

I love techniques and when I saw this one on Pinterest (yes, it IS addicting!), I had to try it out. I've seen cards like this before but honestly, the concept is a little overwhelming with all the cutting involved. This one looked pretty simple though so I gave it a whirl.

Can you guess what punch I used for the large heart? The Ornament Punch! :) I just snipped a V to create the rounded edges. The Very Vanilla Ribbon was sponged with Crumb Cake ink and the result is a lovely champagne color. :)

I'm not quite sure why the pink in this picture is so bright compared to the pink in the other picture. The top picture actually is the color of the patterned paper.
Challenges:
Supplies: All Stampin' Up!
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Pretty In Pink
Paper: Designer Series Patterned Paper in Pretty in Pink
Ink: Crumb Cake
Stamp: Candy Conversations
Accessories: Scallop Trim Border Punch, Very Vanilla Silk Ribbon
Have a fab day!
Julz ;)

5 comments:

Dawn Braun said...

I'm a total Pinterest addict!! Your POP UP surprise I (heart) U, inside your card is just A MAZ ING!! :) Love the sweet ruffles on the front too and great use of your ornament punch! Thanks for playing along this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Krista said...

Okay, this card is so cute on the outside and that perfect pleat, wow! But when you open it....such a fun surprise!! Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Bada-Bing Creations said...

What a neat idea and such a neat surprise inside the card! And great idea for the punch too! Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

How cute is this?!! And I adore the fun surprise inside!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!!

Mary Brown said...

LOVE the pop-up I heart U...totally CUTE! Thanks for playing along in the SUO Challenge!