Thursday, November 3, 2011

Distressed Cracked Glass

I must say this Pines & Poinsettias stamp set is wonderful! It's so very versatile - which you know I LOVE! I used it again to make this beautiful card for my mother-in-law on her birthday. It's pretty clean & simple but I love the pop of the cracked glass flowers.


Super simple - Stamp your image, cover the entire piece of cardstock with versamark & clear embossing powder, heat it up and repeat the embossing 2 or 3 more times. You want to achieve a thick coat of embossing. Pop it in the freezer for a min or two then bend it to begin the cracking. Sponge over the piece with some Soft Suede to add a little distressing to the cracks.


I think I'll enter this in the Catered Crop Follow the Recipe Challenge. I used the following:

Inks: Distress Ink, markers
Papers: kraft
Tools: die cuts
Embellishments: glitter



Supplies: All Stampin' Up!

Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Pear Pizzazz

Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Whisper White

Stamps: Create-a-Cupcake, Pines & Poinsettias

Paper: Designer Series Paper

Accessories: Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Scallop Trim Punch, Ovals Die, Dazzling Details



Have a fab day!

Julz :)

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Beautiful card! I love seeing how you were inspired by my projects!

~Cheryl~ (Guest Chef for the Catered Crop)
** Check out my blog candy **

Linda McClain said...

Oh, I love this cracked glass effect. It's always so stunning and you did a lovely job. Thanks for sharing it with us at Catered Crop.