Saturday, September 10, 2011

A Sour Cream Treat


Do you know what I should be doing right now? Cleaning my house - not fun!
So what am I really doing right now? Making cookies for my honey & creating little sour cream containers! LOL I know, I know! Totally slacking especially since I have a workshop tomorrow! :) But these little sour cream treats are too much fun so what's a girl to do?!?!
These are so super easy to make & you can get 4 out of one sheet of 8 1/2" x 11" cardstock! Take a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" sheet of cardstock, decorate as desired, & run a strip of sticky tape along one long side. Roll into a cylinder & adhere one long side to the other. Pinch one end closed, add a piece of sticky tape, & adhere the ends together to seal one end. Pinch the opposite sides together, fill as desired with candy, mints, mini cookies, etc, then close. I used one of the new mini paperclips to keep mine closed.
A fun tip: Did you know you can use Watercolor Crayons to dye your ribbon? Easy peasy! Color your ribbon with the watercolor crayon then spritz with water. Let dry.
I used the great color challenge from The Play Date Cafe for my little tropical sour cream treat.
Supplies:
Cardstock: Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White
Ink: Whisper White
Stamps: Word Play, Summer Splash
Accessories: Watercolor Crayons, Sticky tape, Decorative Label Punch, White Taffeta Ribbon (retired), Mini Clothespin
Have a fab day! I really must go clean now! :)
Julz

4 comments:

Patrice said...

Intriguing!

Mynnette said...

Fabulous! I LOVE making those with candy in them to use at place settings for family get togethers! Love your version!

massofhair said...

Love seeing something a little different in the cafe and your container is fab:-)

Michele Gross said...

Super cute! Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!