Friday, June 17, 2011

Flower Blocks CAS

Today's post is super clean & simple but I really like the punch of color on the white space!

I used the CAS-ual Fridays Color Blocking challenge along with The Play Date Cafe's color challenge of Hollyhock, Skyblue, & Orange. I used the Stampin' Up! equivilants of Rose Red, Pacific Point, & Pumpkin Pie. I actually stamped this card three different times. The first time I only did it with one color per block. Then I added shimmer mist to the second (BIG MISTAKE)! Then I thought why not Rock & Roll??? I love the blending of the colors and how continuous they fall in the sqaures.

Supplies:All Stampin' Up!
Cardstock: Whisper White
Ink: Rose Red, Pacific Point, Pumpkin Pie
Stamps: So Happy for You (retired), For All You Do
Accessories: SMOOCH in Moonlight

Have a fab day!
Julz ;)


9 comments:

Diane said...

Very pretty...caught my eye in the "gallery" right away!!

Michele Gross said...

Loving your rock and roll! Very cool design and great use of color! Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe and CAS-ual Fridays!

Patti said...

Love this card. The rock & roll technique certainly makes this white card pop.

Jenny said...

Love the blended colours to your blocks, great design :)
Jenny x

Debgem said...

I really like the effect of these blended colours - and the staggered blocks look super!

Jaclyn Miller said...

Neat idea to mix the colors as you stagger down. Thank you so much for joining us at The Play Date Cafe this week.

Colleen Dietrich said...

I've always loved this stamp! YOu did neat things with it, with our challenge colors this week. THanks for playing with us at The PLay Date Cafe!

Laura Davis said...

This is stunning!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Julie Day said...

Love the skewed squares and that technique worked wonderful on this, love the colors :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!