Saturday, May 21, 2011

Just for Nellie!


My cousin's girlfriend, Janelle just received her BA last week & has enrolled in the Radiology program! She is so wonderfully focused on her dreams! I created this graduation card for her today. I heat embossed the butterfly on a piece of acetate & the sentiment is also heat embossed as well.


I think I'll enter this in the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge: Bring on the Bling along with the jac-inks Papercraft Challenge for Heat Embossing. The colors mesh perfectly for the Just Add Ink Challenge of Pear Pizzazz, Baja Breeze, Perfect Plum, & Whisper White. I'll let you in on a little secret. I don't have Perfect Plum in my stash BUT I do have My Digital Studio. I just printed off a sheet of Perfect Plum Script DSP to use on this card. ;)


Supplies: All Stampin' Up! except for the Acetate

Cardstock: Baja Breez, Whisper White

Ink: Pear Pizzazz, Versamark

Stamps: Strength & Hope, Word Play

DSP: Perfect Plum Script

Accessories: Rhinestones, Embossing Powder: Iridescent Ice & Clear, 1 3/4" Circle Punch, Big Shot, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, My Digital Studio, Corner Round Punch, Button


Have a fab day!

Julz ;)



10 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Stunning butterfly!! I love sentiment with this gorgeous design,too!So glad that you join the fun at CAS-sual Fridays!

Karen B. said...

What a lovely and beautiful butterfly! Great card too! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

Michele Gross said...

This is going to make her day! Love the addition of the butterfly since its time for her to spread her wings and fly with her new degree :) Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Kryssi said...

That butterfly is awesome!! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Ann Craig said...

A gorgeous card - love the colours, the embossed (and sparkly) butterfly and the wonderful greeting. Thanks for sharing with us again at jac-inks challenges.

Debbles Dabbles said...

Your cousin will be thrilled to get this I am sure. Great job with the embossed butterfly. Thanks for joining us at jac-inks.

Paula said...

Julz, this is such a sweet little card. How brave to heat emboss on acetate! Well done on the improvisation for the Perfect Plum cardstock too. You are very clever! Thanks for playing at JAI

Laura Davis said...

Beautiful work!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Jodene said...

Pretty card Julz, love the sparkly butterfly!

Jaclyn Miller said...

Beautiful butterfly and I love that sentiment stamp. Thank you for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays.