Sunday, April 17, 2011

A Little Hedgy!

I just adore this little Hedgehog from Fast & Fun Notes that I used to make this twisted easel card! He's so cute! Thankfully, there are a lot of critter challenges out there today that he fits perfectly! ;)

Challenges:



Follow the Recipe at Catered Crop: I used the items in bold.

Here's your FTR10 recipe: Pattern Paper – stripes, miniprints Colors – pastels Stamps – go digital, bunnies, butterflies, and flowers Color Mediums – Copic markers, paint, white pens Embellishments – burlap, pinwheels, twine, buttons, eyelets, brads Tools – sewing machine, Cropadile, die cuts Techniques – sewing, distressing Theme – Spring




jac-Inks Sketch Challenge



There's one item I received in my Stampin' Up! Starter Kit that I have never used before today. Any guesses??? The Blender Pen! Crazy me! I love it! I used it today to give Mr. Hedgy's spines some extra ompf, color his face, & give some color to the butterflies. It truly is a great tool and I love how the colors do not blend into each other when you switch out. I also used the Faux Mother of Pearl Technique on the Early Espresso cardstock to give some shimmer. I do apologize about the darkness of the photo.



Supplies:All Stampin' Up! Cardstock: Rose Red, Very Vanilla, Early Espresso Ink: Chocolate Chip, Rose Red Stamps: Fast & Fun Notes, Create-a-Cupcake Accessories: Shimmer Paint, Blender Pen, Shimmer Mist, Ovals Die - Medium & Large used here, Big Shot, Rose Red & Very Vanilla Seam Ribbon Have a fab day! Julz ;)

7 comments:

Heidi Baks said...

Very cute hedgie! The shimmer on the espresso is a nice little detail! Thanks for playing SUO Challenges.

Ann Craig said...

This is my fav stamp from Fun & Fast Notes, and you've created a gorgeous card with the sweet little images in the background. Thanks for joining us at "jac-inks" challenges this time.

Linda McClain said...

Wowzers! I love your hedgehog, and I've never heard of a twisted easle card. How fun. Thanks for sharing all of it with us at Catered Crop.

Cheryl said...

Oh my gosh! This is so cute! I love this little hedgie.


Thank you for joining my recipe challenge at the Catered Crop.

--Cheryl--

**Check out my Meljen’s Designs blog candy!**

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Omg this is so cute!!!Thanks for playing along with us at WEE memories!!!

Jenni@inkworksdesigns.com.au said...

Wow... I've never seen the twisted easel effect before - looks great! Love your colour combos and the hedgehog... so cute! thanks for joining us at jac-inks.

Laura said...

very cute, I love the twist and hedgie is one of my fav stamps :)