Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Inspiration for Mother's Day



Ever see a picture that just really calls to you but you really can't explain why? This was the picture for me. I found it very inspiring yet it's sssooo not something I would normally like b/c it's so incredibly busy. It was however, perfect inspiration for my mom & grandma. They both love birds and birdhouses. Here's my interpretation in card form which perfectly fits the Hand Stamped Sentiments Challenge #65 & the SUO Challenge #17. :)





Supplies: All Stampin' Up!

Cardstock: Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie, Pretty In Pink, Basic Black

Paper: Ice Cream Parlor DSP (retired)

Ink: Basic Black, Marina Mist, Pear Pizzazz, Pumpkin Pie, Blushing Bride

Stamps: Sweet Summer (retired from Sale-a-Bration), Sentiment is from My Digital Studio

Accessories: Rhinestones


Have a fab day!

Julz

7 comments:

Shannon said...

Love your interpretation of the photo. Very whimsical and you did a great job recreating that fun scene on your card. Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week.

stampinbygenny said...

Love your inspiration. The tree is awesome. Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

inkedx2 said...

This is so creative! What a great way to use this set. Thanks for playing with us this week. We hope you will play with us again.

Robbie

Deb said...

Wow! Love your interpretation of the inspiration photo. What a creative way to use the Sweet Summer set. Thanks for joining us at SUO Challenges!

Jennifer said...

Your tree is so clever! I love when people see a stamp in a whole new way! Perfect job with the inspiration. So glad you joined us at SUO Challenges this week!

Jen Timko

Heidi Baks said...

Wow, I totally didn't recognize the supplies you used! The inspiration photo definitely took you down a different road than is typical for SU style. Thanks so much for sharing and playing SUO Challenges!

Anne Marie said...

What an awesome interpretation of the photo and a cleaver use of the stamps. Like Heidi said above me, I didn't even recognize them. I just love how you put this one together. Great job! Thanks for playing along at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week! :)