Monday, April 25, 2011

Friendship Day

Did you have a fantastic Easter? Ours was pretty good! Some family friends invited us over. Along with some yummy cake balls, I also made them this pretty card to give them as thanks! They are such great friends and my husband has known them most of his life. Today in Australia is ANZAC Day which celebrates the ANZAC spirit. You can read more about it here on the Just Add Ink blog. They are hosting a challenge to celebrate this special day in honor of friendship or mateship.



I embedded my flowers into the Very Vanilla cardstock using the Sqaure Lattice Embossing Folder. The flowers are actually two flowers that I crushed and split in half. HUH?!!? You say?? Becky has been posting all these great flowers that she made using her crimper. You crimp the cardstock like 20 times which breaks up the fibers then you can peel apart the layers. However, I learned the value or non-value of cheap tools today. I bought a crimper at the $$ store a few years back and the handle broke off today in the middle of my crimping. Soooo, I thought to myself, "Why not try the embossing folder instead since essentially it also alters the fibers of the card." It worked perfectly and I only had to run it through three times.


Supplies: All Stampin' Up!

Cardstock: Baja Breeze, Very Vanilla

Ink: Marina Mist

Stamps: So Happy For You (retired)

Accessories: Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon, Brads, Rhinestones, Bigz Island Flower Die, Big Shot, Square Lattice Embossing Folder



Have a fab ANZAC Day!

Julz ;)


No comments: