Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter Birds & Basket






Last night while egg decorating, I thought of this cute little woven basket & some "minty" birds. Again, I apologize for the quality of the photos. I'm sssooo missing my camera. :(


Challenges:






Using the new Square Lattice Embossing Folder, I embossed a 5 1/2"x 81/2" Baja Breeze cardstock then sponged with w/Crumb Cake Ink after I cut it into 1/2" strips. I wove my basket and added a handle with silver brads. I love my cute little birdies! In between the two scallop circles are York Peppermint Patties. I know that's not really Easter Candy but my husband likes Yorks! There's also a Chocolate PB Egg in there as well. ;)


Here's the basket by itself. You could also fill this with fresh little flowers too for May Day!



Supplies: All Stampin' Up!

Cardstock: Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizzazz, Baja Breeze

Ink: Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Crumb Cake, Old Olive

Accessories: Sqaure Lattice Embossing Folder, Scallop Circle Punches - Large & Medium, brads, Rhinestones, Crystal Effects


The Easter Bunny dropped off a special surprise for me today! My nephew, Nicholas William was born at 1220p. He weighed in at 6lbs, 11 oz and perfect as can be! I'll post a picture when I get some.

Happy Easter to you!

Julz ;)

3 comments:

Hands On said...

How cute sre those little guys. Love your textured basket. Thank you for sharing with Stampin' Celebration this week.

Allison said...

How cute! I love that basket--what a fun idea. Thanks so much for playing along at Stampin' Celebration this week!

Cori said...

This is so creative! The basket and little birds are absolutely adorable!! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Stampin' Celebration!!