Monday, March 14, 2011

Something Bright & Cheery

It's been a rough week on our end and I'm looking for something a little bright & cheery. I think this card fits the bill! I have a ton of birthdays coming up too so I'll add this to my stash! I incorporated the inlaid embossing technique (adhere punched shapes or images to your card then emboss it using an embossing folder) and added SMOOCH Spritz to the inner circles.



Challenges:
Stamping 411: Saturday Sketch Challenge - I took a bit of creative liberty with this one and moved the squares around a bit after I flipped it.




Moxie Fab World: Stamp It! Techniques Week Challenge: Stamping with Shimmer Sprays Challenge in the Moxie Fab World

Supplies: All Stampin' Up
Cardstock & Paper: Whisper White, Ice Cream Parlor DSP
Ink: Pacific Point
Stamp Set: Word Play
Accessories: Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Daffofil Delight Satin Ribbon, 1 3/4" Circle Punch, 1" Circle Punch, Brights Designer Buttons, SMOOCH Spritz in Gold Glow

Have a fab day!
Julz ;)

12 comments:

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

I love your take on this. It's so fresh!!

Jessie Lubyk said...

Very nice and refreshing. I love the buttons:) tfs

Kerin said...

Great take on the sketch! This is so bright & cheerful, love the buttons too!

Selene Kempton said...

Oh this is so beautiful and outside the box.

Patti Chesky said...

What a great twist on the sketch! Love it!

Fiona said...

Fun card Julz - I'm sure someone will love receiving this card :) Thanks for joining us at the Play Date Cafe!

Cath said...

Hey Julz! Thanks for entering the Stamping with Shimmer Sprays Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Patti said...

Great card. So cheerful. Might have to case this for a stamp class.

Michele Gross said...

This card is pure fun! Love the cute circles with the buttons :) Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Jinny Newlin said...

LOVE all your perfectly, layered circles, Julz! Thanks for playing along with us in The Cafe!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOOOOOOVE that ribbon--and it's diag!! I need to remember that diagonals are AWESOME! Great job--inspiring:) Thanks for playing along and joining in the fun over at the PDCC:}

Libby Hickson said...

This is so cute! Thanks so much for playing with us at the Play Date Cafe!