Monday, March 21, 2011

The So Shelli Creative Challenge



So this month, I've decided to take the So Shelli Creative Challenge. Shelli is the co-founder and CEO of Stampin' Up & creates new out-of-the-box challenges for us! This month, it's all about cupcakes! Who doesn't LOVE cupcakes?!?!?

Using the Waltzing Mouse Sketch Challenge as my starting point, I started thinking about what new (or new to me) card I could make for my husband's birthday which is TODAY! Happy birthday Luv! ;)

I came up with this swinging circle card. Each piece folds under the other so it's not very bulky but still easy to move! I didn't use any stamps to create this!



Supplies: All Stampin' Up!
Cardstock/Paper: Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Riding Hood Red, Love Letter Designer Series Paper
Ink: Riding Hood Red, Basic Black
Accessories: brads, Build a Cupcake Punch, 1 3/4" Circle Punch, Circle Scissors Plus, Billboard Sizzlits Stampin' Up! Decorative Strip Die, Big Shot, Shimmer Paint, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder
Have a fab day!
Julz ;)

6 comments:

{Lynn - that's me!} said...

Fabulous banner, Julz. What a fun way to shout your birthday wishes. Fantastic colors and I love those cupcakes!

Thanks for playing along with the Waltzingmouse Stamps Sketch Challenge this week.

Beth Fesperman said...

Following you from SC...I live in Georgia too...Savannah

Peggy said...

Love your card. Following you from Stampin Connection.

www.stampinpeg.blogspot.com

Kim P said...

Such a clever card!!

new follower from SC!

kimpadan.blogspot.com

Julia Aston said...

This is just so creative! what a fun use of banners! thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

cbuswell said...

very creative! thanks for joining us this week at the WMSC!