Sunday, March 20, 2011

Shimmer & Weaving

I've been working for 2 hours on this card that I'm trying to perfect! Ever have one of those moments? I'll post it soon but whew! It's taking a lot of work to make it "just right"! The card below is something that kept "weaving" through my mind as I was working today. ;)
The Card Positioning System's Blog has a great sketch challenge this week and I knew immediately that I wanted to add some weaving to the top and bottom.


jac-inks challenged us to mask so I masked the flowers from the Fast & Fabulous set over and over on Whisper White cardstock that I sprayed with Shimmer Mist prior to stamping. It added a great touch of shimmer to the flowers!
Just Add Ink has a fastastic color palette this week for us that I just love!



Supplies: All Stampin' Up
Cardstock/Paper: Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Designer Series Paper
Ink: Crumb Cake, Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive
Stamps: So Happy For You, Fast & Fabulous
Accessories: Shimmer Paint
Have a fab day!
Julz ;)

6 comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

The stamped flowers are coloured so beautifully. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

Oney said...

I love purple. You've done a lovely job on this sketch. Best wishes with your Stampin Up business. I've often thought it to be a fun opportunity but have yet to take the plunge.

Patrice said...

Great card Julie. Love those flowers!

Jacqueline said...

Great image - love the purple background.
~ Jacqueline
Made by Jacqueline
April Bunny Blog Hop (April 1st-5th)

Lea L. said...

Very pretty! Loving the shimmer! Great job with this week's CPS sketch!! ♥♥♥

Ann Craig said...

What a stunning card Julz! Love the purple and green together and the weaving makes a great contrast to the softness of the flowers. Thanks for joining us at jac-inks challenge #4.