Friday, March 18, 2011

PDCC73 Mother of Pearl

I just received my Stampin' Up! Magazine called Stampin' Success and inside was this fab technique called Mother of Pearl which uses Shimmer Paint! Boy did I add some shimmer on this card! ;)
I started out by die cutting some flowers, spritzed them w/a combo of Shimmer paint & alcohol, crumbled them up, and then flattened them back out. Then using the shimmer paint and a ball of plastic wrap, I lightly "sponged" the flower. Well I don't know if sponged if the word, but for the small ones, I pressed the plastic wrap on the flower once and then removed it. The larger flower, I dabbed the flower with the ball a few times. I also did the Mother of Pearl technique on the button as well!
See all the pretty shimmer? Love it! I used a silver brad covered in Shimmer Paint to hold 3 small flowers together and used a button to hold the larger flower together.



I'm going to enter this in The Play Date Cafe's Challenge this week. It also qualifies for the Hand Stamped Sentiments Challenge: Inspired by Nature. It's not the exact colors but pretty close, I think. Although, this card looks like a lot of work, it's actually very simple to make & easy to replicate! :)

Supplies:All Stampin' Up!
Cardstock: Pretty in Pink, Very Vanilla
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Daffodil Delight, Rich Razzleberry
Stamps: Sweet Summer, So Happy for You
Accessories, Silver Brads, Brights Designer Buttons, Shimmer Paint, Bigz Island Floral Die, Big Shot

Have a fab day!
Julz ;)

8 comments:

Robbie said...

I can't wait to try this technique. You did a great job with it. Thanks for playing with us this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Robbie

Jinny Newlin said...

What a beautiful take on our color story! LOVE all that shimmer and shine! You're making me want to purchase those shimmer paints! Thanks so much for playing along this week in The Cafe!

Michele Gross said...

Such a cool technique! The shimmer looks amazing! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

Shannon said...

I wanted to try this technique too when I saw it in the SS. You did a lovely job! Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week.

Fiona said...

What a fun shimmery card! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe :)

DAWN Braun said...

love your fun shimmer flowers, too cute!! :)

Anne Marie said...

Julz, you can never go wrong when shimmer is involved! :) Gorgeous flowers!! I can't wait to try out this technique. Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week! We hope you will share your creativity with us again! Hugs! :)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHH! I agree with Anne Marie--you can never EVER go wrong with shimmer! LOVE those big flowers--what a gorgeous card! Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC!!!