Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Modern Play

Last week I saw this amazing post by Maile Belles and had this idea running through my mind about using the leaf pattern from SU! Sweet Summer as the base. Today I finally put some ink to paper and love the results! Even better - this card is super easy to replicate in lots of different colors!

Now you'll notice below that I used Old Olive ink versus Pear Pizzazz ink. The great thing about Stampin' Up colors is that even if you don't have the exact color you need, you can substitute a similar color and it still looks great! Love it!!!

Challenges:


Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday Challenge sponsored by Annabelle Stamps


Supplies: All Stampin' Up
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Pear Pizzazz
Ink: Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Pacific Point
Stamps: Sweet Summer, Word Play
Accessories: 1 3/4" Circle Punch, Brights Designer Buttons, Corner Rounder, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Big Shot
Tomorrow is my birthday & I'll be running a special contest to celebrate!

Free Smiley Courtesy of www.millan.net


Have a fab day!
Julz ;)

6 comments:

"Michey" said...

This turned out great! Can't wait for my sweet summer set to arrive =)

inkedx2 said...

What a unique way to use that set. So glad you joined us this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Robbie

Shannon said...

I love how you stamped the leaves horizontally, really neat! Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week.

stampinbygenny said...

Great idea on how to use the leaf pattern and buttons. Simple but striking! Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

midnightstampingwithminnie said...

Now this is what I call "thinking outside the box" -- COOL! I love it. Thank you so much for participating in the Hand Stamped Sentiments challenge. Thanks for sharing your stamping idea.

Anne Marie said...

Julz, I just love this set and this is truly the most creative way I have seen it used! Love the color combo and the fun, button accents! Awesome! Thanks for playing along at HSS this week!

PS: I just saw that you have two dogs and two cats. That's the "magic number" in my house, too! :) Hugs!