Friday, March 4, 2011

Good Luck!

This card is so pretty IRL, but I just couldn't capture the greatest picture of it! The Play Date Cafe is doing this great Color Splash Challenge this week - Black & White w/just a splash of color (I switched out white for Very Vanilla) and the Stampin' Celebration Team has this great inspiration photo so I combined the two into this card! :)


I also added this little bonus that I've been seeing occassionally lately. It's this little side weaving of DSP! Pretty cool, huh? :) The shamrocks (from a FREE Sale-a-bration set) were stamped in Old Olive, covered in Crystal Effects, and then I added a little Old Olive Supernova Glitter to them along with the brads. A little ruffled ribbon & voila!





Supplies: All Stampin' Up!
Cardstock: Basic Black, Very Vanilla
DSP: Love Letter
Ink: Old Olive
Stamp: So Happy For You
Accessories: Supernova Fine Stampin' Glitter, Crystal Effects, brads, Very Vanilla Silk Ribbon, Large Scallop Circle Punch, Medium Scallop Circle Punch, 1 3/4" Circle Punch

Have a fab day!
Julz ;)

12 comments:

Krystal (skdeleeuw) said...

Super fun card!! That weaving is really cool, but what I love is the bling on the shamrocks!! So sparkly!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Stampin' Celebration challenge!!

Fiona said...

Lovely card Julz :) Great spotlighting the sentiment :) Thanks for playing at the Play Date Cafe!

Hands On said...

Love the weave. Very neat. Your glitter shamrocks are a huge hit. Thanks for joining us at the SCIC this week.

Cori said...

Great card! I love the woven paper and the touch of green glitter! Thanks for playing along with us at SCIC!

Rochelle said...

Love the idea of black and white and a splash of color! I wish I could see the card IRL...with all the sparkle! Thanks for playing at the Stampin' Celebration!

Allison said...

Love it! I like the weaving and the green sparkle--too fun. Thanks so much for playing along at Stampin' Celebration!

Alicia said...

I love how you make it sparkle! Following you from SC.

Renee said...

what a fun card! and of course LOVE all the sparkle! hugz n blessings

Michele Gross said...

You know how much I love a little bling! ;) Perfect pop of color! Thanks for splashing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Jinny Newlin said...

LOVE your glitter and crumpled ribbon details! Great card! Thanks so much for playing along with us, this week, in The Cafe!

Kendra Richardson said...

Thanks for sharing! I’m your newest follower from SC - #367 Kendra Richardson.
You can find me @ www.kendrascorner.blogspot.com

Michey said...

That weaving is such a neat touch! Thank you for the inspiration!

I'm following you from SC =)

Michele
http://www.parchmentpaperie.com