Sunday, February 6, 2011

Falling Hearts Waterfall Card


I've been itching to make another Waterfall Card and I think these challenges were just perfect for what I wanted to create!

Hand Stamped Sentiments #53: I used Basic Black, Real Red, & Whisper White
jac-inks Challenge #1 - Pick any neutrals plus one color

Stampin' 411 Saturday Sketch ChallengeLink

Using the "frosting" stamp from the Create a Cupcake Stamp Set, I stamped clouds on black cardstock. I cut out some embossed hearts from the Valentine Defined set to look like falling hearts in the sky. I used these great Rub-0ns for the Hot Air Balloons and sentiments.

As you pull the tag, the panels flip up to display the next image.
Supplies: All Stampin' Up
Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Black, Real Red
Ink: Whisper White, Real Red
Stamp Sets: Valentine Defined, Create a Cupcake
Accessories: Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder, Love Impressions Rub-ons, 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon in Whisper White
I'm off to make snacks for the Super Bowl in a bit. Are you watching? Who are you rooting for? I'd love to see the Packers win but my husband thinks the Steelers will squeek by! ;)
Have a fab day!
Julz





18 comments:

Kerin said...

Wow, it's been ages since I've done a waterfall card!! Yours is fabulous :) Thanks for reminding me of this fun technique!

Cori said...

Very cute! Love the hot air balloons! Thanks for playing along at Stampin' Celebration! (Hey, I live in GA too!). :)

Krystal (skdeleeuw) said...

Super cute!! I love that you used the cupcake frosting for clouds. So creative!! Thanks for playing with us at the SCIC!!

gbarron56 said...

What a darling idea and a great way to use those Rub-ons! Thanks so much for playing along at Stamping 411 this week! Blessings, Gretchen

Kathy Braun and Lucky said...

What a great card, love the images as a waterfall card, just perfect. Thank you for playing along with Hand Stamped Sentiments.

stampinbygenny said...

What a cute card! I love the heart balloon image. This type of card is one of my favorite to make. Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Sherry said...

Great idea to make waterfal card for this challenge. Wonderful use of the SU Rub-ons.

inkedx2 said...

Love your waterfall card! So glad you joined us this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Robbie

midnightstampingwithminnie said...

Julz! I love what you did with the SU Rub-ons. I got them too but all I've done is just look at them. Thanks for the idea!! Cute card and all the work you did on it - way to too cool. Thank you SO Much for submitting your card to the HSS Challenge.

Selene Kempton said...

Oh this is so FUN! I love what you did here.

Anne Marie said...

This is too cute! Love the card design and the "cupcake clouds"! Thanks for sharing it at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week! I hope you will play along again! :)

Shannon said...

Such a fun card and love the waterfall effect. Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week.

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Great idea Julz....love it.

Ann Craig said...

Julz, your card sure has brought some happiness into my day. What a lovely subject with fabulous images. Thanks for playing along with the first jac-inks challenge - please join us again from the other side of the world.

Hugs, Ann

Allison said...

How fun! I love the waterfall card--and cute way to use the rub-ons. Thanks for playing along at Stampin' Celebration!

Patti Chesky said...

You're brilliant! This sketch works perfectly with the Waterfall Card. Love it!!!

Tiffany Bauer said...

WOW!! This is awesome!! Thanks for playing along with us too!!

Connie said...

Oh, what a fun waterfall card with a great hot air balloon theme! Awesome!