Monday, January 31, 2011

Love & Hearts


Here's a CAS card I whipped up this morning.
This qualified for quite a few challenges today too! Free Smiley Courtesy of www.millan.net

Hand Stamped Sentiments: I love Hearts!
The Paper Players: Anything Goes!
A Gem of a Challenge: Ribbon & Lace
Stampin' Celebration Inspiration Challenge




I wanted something lacey but didn't exactly have lace hanging around so I spotted a doily! I sponged the doily on to my card in the corner and added this cute flying bird from the Valentine Defined stamp set.


I added some hearts in the corners of the doilies as there were some bare spots that just didn't look right. I spritzed on some SMOOCH and highlighted the hearts. I added this Chantilly Crochet Trim which would qualify as a ribbon and lacy! Free Smiley Courtesy of www.millan.net

Supples: All Stampin' Up except the doily

Cardstock: Pretty in Pink, Very Vanilla

Ink: Pretty in Pink

Stamps: Valentine Defined

Accessories: 1" Circle Punch, Chantilly Crochet Trim, Elegant Lines Embossing Folder, SMOOCH Spritz in Vanilla Shimmer, SMOOCH Pearlized Accent Ink in Moonlight, Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder

Have a fab day!

Julz

6 comments:

Erin Gonzales said...

Beautiful card! I am so sorry that the link closed on you, yeah it closes at noon central time, I think that is like 11 EST (I think??) :) I hope you will play along with us next week too.

Cori said...

This is so pretty! I love the sponging and your crochet ribbon! Thanks for playing along at Stampin' Celebration!

Jaydee said...

Julz, I am with you on wanting to stamp all day :-)
What a perfect little card you just cooked up! The doily is the perfect addition.
So glad you decided to join the Paper Players for our Anything Goes challenge
Jaydee

Hands On said...

Love the sponged doily. Neat idea and the effect is so soft. Thanks for playing with Stampin' Celebration.

Anne Marie said...

Such a beautiful Valentine! I really like the technique you shared with the doily and your lace "flower" is so, so gorgeous! The texture and sparkle add so much, too. Thanks for playing along with The Paper Players this week! :)

Mandy said...

Beautiful card...very pretty...Thank you for joining in with us at A Gem of a Challenge..
Mandy x