Saturday, January 22, 2011

Just for You!

My mom is hosting a workshop in a few weeks and I wanted to do something special for her. She (and my dad) take care of my Grandma who had a stroke two years ago. She doesn't have a lot of extra time for stamping but always makes birthday cards for the people at work. My SIL just gave me a huge bag of baby food jars which is absolutely perfect for a little surprise!

Over at Wee Memories, they have the perfect challenge this week!
It's time to Free Your Creativity! Free Smiley Courtesy of www.millan.net
This challenge is sponsored by iCopic. iCopic.com is your destination for great selections, the best prices, and fast delivery. We're online shoppers ourselves, and we have put a great deal of effort into developing a personal, easy-to-shop site that lets you shop your own way. Shop by brand, set, or color family. Have a question about our product? Just send us a quick email and we promise to respond within 24 hours.
My mom loves purple and I love a purple/green combo so I decided to go with Rich Razzleberry and Pear Pizzazz! Using the Island Floral Die, I ran my DSP and Pear Pizzazz cardstock through the Big Shot. I touched up the edges with some SMOOCH Pearlized Accent Ink in Moonlight and added a brad that was glitzed up with some Silver Glass Glitter.

The card is 3x3 and I made a matching envelope for it as well. I bet you want to know what's in the jar, huh? ;) I punched two sets of multi colored cardstock using the Build a Cupcake Punch. Perfect for the times when she needs a birthday card - FAST!

Supplies: All Stampin' Up! except for the jar

Cardstock: Pear Pizzazz, Designer Paper Series in Brights

Ink: Old Olive, Pear Pizzazz, Whisper White

Stamps: Afterthoughts

Accessories: Big Shot, Island Floral Die, SMOOCH Pearlized Accent Ink in Moonlight, SMOOCH Spritz in Vanilla Shimmer, Silver Glass Glitter, brads, 1 3/4" Circle Punch, Scallop Trim Border Punch

Have a fab day!

Julz ;)

1 comment:

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

What a great set! Thank you so much for joining us at Wee Memories! :)