Monday, November 1, 2010

A Little Ghiradelli Anyone?

Wow! Hard to believe that Christmas is 1 month and 24 days away! This year has literally flown by so fast! Well, now it's time to start working on all those great Christmas crafty things and giving simple little gifts that extra "pop"! ;) I have a little Ghiradelli square that I decided to dress up just a tad after seeing this great idea by Heather Summers. She made these cute little treats using full size chocolate bars.


Now for those of you who know me in real life, I don't eat chocolate. I'm allergic to it which makes me sad but I totally love white chocolate which I can eat! YAY! Anyways, I don't normally have chocolate bars laying around the house but I did buy these little Ghiradelli treats for my husband so I used those instead. These would be a great addition to a stocking or even as a tag for a gift! Who doesn't like a little chocolate thrown in! ;) Plus these are super simple and you can easily mass produce these! I would have added a little Glass Glitter as well but I'm waiting on my current shipment to come in. ;)


Super simple instructions: Cut a strip of Real Red designer paper 2" x 4". Run your Snail adhesive long ways down the designer paper. Cut a 10" piece of ribbon and adhere it on the paper so it's centered with about 3 inches of ribbin hanging on each side. Tie the ribbon with the Hemp Twine close to the ends of the paper, add the button, and tie in a bow. Stamp the Ornament of your choice onto Whisper White and punch out with the Ornament Punch. Cut another strip of designer paper 1" x 12" in Old Olive. Score the entire paper along the 12" side every 1/4" inch. Fold like a fan. Using your Snail adhesive, adhere the ends together to form a circle. Press down the center to form a flower. Add a little Tombow to the Real Red designer paper on the chocolate square and add the flower. Hold it down for about 15-30 seconds. Add some Dimensionals to the back of the punched ornament and place on top. Voila!

Here's a tutorial from Splitcoaststampers on the Fan Fold Flower if you need some pictures to follow. I did not use the smaller circle to adhere the flower too, but you most certainly could.


Supplies: All Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Delightful Decorations
Ink: Real Red, Old Olive
Cardstock: Whisper White
Paper: Brights Patterns Designer Series Paper Stack
Accessories: Brights Designer Button Collection, Hemp Twine, 5/8" Whisper White Silk Ribbon
Tool: Ornament Punch, Tombow Glue, Dimensionals, Snail Adhesive

I think I'll make one with an actual TO: / FROM: tag with my glass glitter so you can see the beautiful sparkling tag it will make!

Have a fab day!
Julz

No comments: