Saturday, November 20, 2010

Hostess Gifts

Today we're celebrating Thanksgiving! My husband's grandmother and aunt have come down from KY to visit my FIL along with my SIL and her family from FL. I think it's the first time that my husband and his sister have ever spent a Thanksgiving with their grandma. The pies are baking and I'm catching up on some blogging.



These decorated soaps are the cutest little hostess gifts or even just a little holiday surprise in a bathroom basket. They are super simple to make and very easy to mass produce in a variety of colors. The secret? Tissue paper! ;)

Challenges:

Pals Paper Arts 69: Clean & Simple

My Favorite Things: Create a card or project based off the Song "My Favorite Things". Some of my favorite crafty things are glitter and ruffled ribbon along with learning new techniques! I think this fits the bill! ;)

Supplies: All Stampin' Up except the tissue paper and soaps.
Cardstock: Real Red, Whisper White
Ink: Old Olive, Real Red
Stamps: Delightful Decorations
Paper: Celebrations Designer Series Paper
Accessories: Glass Glitter, Whisper White Silk Ribbon, Clear Envelope, Silver round brads
Tools: Big Shot, Island Floral Bigz Die, Ornament Punch, Sticky Tape, Tombow
Have a fab day!
Julz ;)

5 comments:

Patti MacLeith said...

Very cute! What exactly are those things in the bags? They look cute.

Julz said...

Hi Patti!
Thanks! These are little soaps! I stamped on tissue paper, punched them out and glued onto the soaps with Tombow. Super simple to make!
Have a fab day!
Julz ;)

Linda Callahan said...

Cute idea!

Patti MacLeith said...

Okay, SUPER cute idea! Thanks for answering, Julz!

Stampin' Diva said...

Wonderful idea!! Perfect for hostesses during this holiday period. Love the ribbon detail on the top!! Thanks for playing along with us at Pals Paper Arts!!