Saturday, September 11, 2010

A Color Splash Challenge

I've been kinda incognito lately and probably will be in the future as well for a while. My FIL is pretty ill and I've been spending a lot of time helping out my inlaws with doctor appointments. He has a long road of recovery ahead of him so please keep him in your prayers.


I saw a new challenge on Michele Gross's blog today for The Play Date Cafe and thought I would play along, too, as this is a little out of my comfy zone. The rules - Create a black & white card with just a splash of color - Pink, Gold, or Copper. I love the look of black and white cards but I struggle with making them look just right. This card just did not picture well but it's really pretty IRL with the copper sponging on the pumpkins & vines. I also added a little distressing for the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge 75: Distress It!


Supplies:
Cardstock: The Paper Studio, Recollections
Ink: Black dye ink, Brillance Cosmic Copper Pigment Ink
Accessories: Black Ribbon, buttons, Copper Pearl-X, hairspray, Cuttlebug Embossing folder in Harvest
Have a fab day!
Julz :)

10 comments:

Julie Ranae said...

Really happy to have you join us in The Play Date Cafe....you are going to LoVe our challenges!
This is a terrific interpretation of the color splash challenge and I LOVE that you chose copper!
See you next week!

Michele Gross said...

This is stunning!! What a fantastic use of the copper!!
I'm really sorry to hear about your Father in law :( Prayers for your family that all goes well :)

Graphicat said...

Oooh, this is very dark and halloween-y I love it!!!
Thank you for joining us at Stamptacular this week!
Cheers
Cheri

Suzanne C said...

Sorry to hear that your FIL is not doing well. Prayers that he is doing better. Love your clean design with splashes of color. Glad you joined us at the PDCC!

Paula said...

Love the dark and grunge look to this card! I'm so glad you could join us this week for our Distress challenge at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge.
Pleasantly,
Paula

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful halloween card, the copper embossing looks great! So sorry to hear about your FIL, hope he's feeling better quickly. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Skraptacular Designs said...

I love dark and spooky cards...except the photos don't seem to do them justice! Wish I could see the detail you've created better...I'm sure it's even more fabulous in person!

Thanks for playing along with us at Stamptacular! Hope you'll come back soon for some more challenge fun!

Hugs,
Priscilla

Andrea Ewen said...

Julz, your card, to me, does not look like you had any trouble with it, it's perfect! Black and white with a splash of color which is exactly your card! Love the spooky look to it, so wonderfully designed! Thanks for playing along with us this week at the Play Date Cafe!

Sue Lelli said...

GREAT card! Bet it is just GORGEOUS in person!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

What a clever way to use this color splash:) I love how you made this splash color story a Halloween theme! LOVE that glimmer on the pumpkins! Great job:) Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC!!