Friday, August 27, 2010

OLW17 String of Lights


It's time for the One Layer Wednesday Challenge over at Simplicity by Late Blossom! This week we were to dig out a border stamp and use it as our base image. This String of Lights Stamp is one of the first stamps I purchased when I first started cardmaking but I've rarely used it b/c I couldn't really figure out what to do with it. I'm pretty sure I found a great card that I can easily assembly line for Christmas time! :p
I used a clear stamp for the sentiment and I apologize but I do not know what company it's from. I colored in the lights and added a little sparkle with a glitter pen.
Supplies:
Cardstock: Recollections
Stamps: String of Lights by Rubber Stampede, Clear stamp sentiment
Ink: Stampin' Up Riding Hood Red, Black Dye Ink
Accessories: Watercolor Pencils, aquabrush, Gelly Roll Stardust Glitter Pen
Have a fab night!
Julz :p

3 comments:

Susan said...

Oooo....love that string of lights!! Awesome stamp...and I LOVE the coloring! Thanks for sharing!!

Donelda said...

what a GREAT idea for your border stamp!! I love how you added it to both sides! I adore this particular lightbulb stamp!!!

Bahb said...

Well now aren't you just the cleverest! My border stamp used like that would have been just the perfect solution because I too wanted the sentiment to be the focal point but couldn't figure how to balance the card using just the two stamps.

Thanks for the inspiration.