Thursday, August 12, 2010

Flowers for Gene

One of our dear family friends is currently in the hospital so I thought I'd send him some flowers. We're hoping that he can go home today and waiting on news from the doctor.
I'm not sure if you can see it well, but the butterflies are on swirls of acetate so they actually "float" above the flowers!
Challenges:

Off the Wall Craftiness Challenge #19
Supplies:
Cardstock: The Paper Studio, random scrap paper
Stamps: Stampin' Up Flight of the Butterfly, swirl stamp
Ink: Studio G Green & Pink, black dye ink
Accessories: Taylored Expressions Tiny Twinkles, glitter, Small Flower Punch, eyelet brads, embossing powder, Glossy Accents, acetate

Have a fab day!
Julz :)


6 comments:

Ann said...

So pretty...great job with the colors! Thanks for playing the Wee Memories challenge this week!

Kim Wilson said...

I cant believe your swirls of acetate, that is a fabulous idea!!! Beautiful card!!! Thanks for playing and good luck!!!

Court said...

I wish we could see it live as this looks fabulous! Thanks so much for playing at Wee Memories!

Michele Gross said...

Hope your friend gets good news soon :) How creative to use the acetate! Super cute layout and great use of Kim's colors! Glad you joined us at Wee Memories!

Vintage Milly said...

Hi there, thank you for joining in with us over at SS&S. I love your creation, what an inspired twist on the layout, I love how you have made a circular card like this. The floating butterflies are such a good idea too. My very best wishes to your friend for a speedy recovery.
Good luck,
Em,x

Lisa Andrews said...

Super cute card! I love the shape and the way you created a pot for the flowers! Thanks for joining us at SS&S