Monday, July 5, 2010

Crepe Flowers

Did you have a fantastic 4th? I had a pretty low key day as my husband was off flying the friendly skies. I did go see some spectacular fireworks last night w/some good friends and their granddaughters. They had TONS of energy! ;P
Today's new technique challenge from Splitcoaststampers is Paper Posies. We were to make flowers using anything but stamps, punches, and premade flowers. Terri's blog contained a fab and easy tutorial on how to make crepe paper flowers. Boy, did I have fun with these! :P I've made 3 so far and can definitely tell I'll be making more in the future. Taylored Expressions has another great sketch challenge this week too!
My friend Tracie has a birthday coming up and she loves the pink/brown combo so I think this card will be perfect for her! I'm not sure how well you can tell from the pictures but the edges of all the petals are touched w/super fine glitter for a little sparkle.
Supplies:
Cardstock: The Paper Studio, Making Memories
Stamps: Reason to Smile, Flight of the Butterfly
Ink: Studio G in Pink, SU! Chocolate Chip
Accessories: leaves, SU! Ribbon, super fine glitter, crystal bead, Tacky Glue
I'm off to make more! ;P
Have a fab day!
Julz ;)

No comments: