Monday, June 7, 2010

Simply Simple: One Stamp Wonders

I'm trying to get into this whole "less is more" type stamping and found a few challenges to help me along my way! Both cards featured qualify for the Simplicity One Layer Wednesday Challenge: Repetition.

The balloon stamp was masked off several times and heat embossed in black. I then used various inks to color in the balloons. I punched a square and then used it as a guide to create my frame around the sentiment. I added some bling w/a glitter gel pen and sponged around the edges using yellow, green, and blue inks.

This second card also qualifies for the PaperWorks CO Sunday Sketch. This is a new challenge for me! Our card had to focus on framing. I heat embossed the small butterflies (All stamps were from the SU! Set Flight of the Butterflies) in clear and the using a scallop circle, sponged SU! Chocolate Chip Ink over the butterflies. The butterflies were ironed off. I added the large butterfly and sentiment in the middle in the same ink and a little sponging.
Play along with us! :p
Have a fab day!
Julz :p

4 comments:

Kathy Braun and Lucky said...

Great cards, I love cards that allow the image to shine and you did a great job with this.

PaperWorks Co. said...

Love your choice in images!

great colors!

thanks for playing the PaperWorks Co. Sunday Sketch!

Susan Raihala said...

Happy day! That balloon card is sooooo fun! It's hard to believe it's one layer with that frame stamp...looks real!

Karen Lynn said...

Love the muted colors. They go well with the theme of the butterflies!
Thanks for playing along with Paperworks Co. Sketch challenge. I look forward to seeing you next week!
-Karen Lynn, DT for PWCO