Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Painting with Pearl-X

I saw this great post a few months ago on using Glimmer Mist on vellum butterflies. I so wanted to try this techinque but didn't have any Glimmer Mist. So I wondered if I could use Pearl-X instead.

I heat embossed the butterflies on vellum. I then sprayed a bit of hairspray in one of my wells in my paint tray and added a sprinkle of Pearl-X. Using a paintbrush I filled in the open areas of the butterflies! They dried pretty fast and I loved the effect of them so I made a few in different colots.



I've loved this ruffled ribbon look and wondered if I could make the sides meet in the middle and tie a bow! This isn't a bow that I just placed in the middle. I ruffled the ribbon on both sides and then with the loose ends tied the middle. So easy but very cute! :p
Don't forget about my Blog Candy!
Have a fab day!
Julz :p

No comments: