Thursday, June 10, 2010

Happy Thursday! It's almost the end of the week and June is already flying by! :p I really like this new challenge blog that I found for Clean & Simple Cards. The Simplicity Challenge this week is for One Layered Cards: Masking. I probably lose points for my popped out butterfly but I felt the flower needed a little oompf! :p I did double mask though! This also satisfies the Taylored Expressions Challenge for this week!






First I punched out a flower. Then using the negative and a dauber, I sponged a combo of Shimmery Copper Pearl-X and hairspray to create the flower. I sponged a little red around the edges of the flower petals for depth. I then used the punched out flower to mask over the sponged flower and added the vines. The buttons were all sprayed with the Pearl-X combo as well. The butterfly was twice stamped and then cut out. I added a strip of orange cardstock that was run through the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug Folder and then sponged w/the Pearl-X combo and red ink.





Have a fab day!

Julz :p

2 comments:

Susan said...

such a bright, happy, FUN card!!

Susan Raihala said...

Very cute and colorful! thanks for playing!