Sunday, June 6, 2010

Baby Cards



I really wanted to create some great backgrounds today but luck was not on my side. Nothing I created really inspired me to do anything with it! :p I finally remembered the Simplicity One Layer Wednesday Challenge which inspired me to create the background for my baby cards. These are not one layer cards like the challenge but I love the way the backgrounds turned out for my easel cards. You could easily switch up the colors depending on if it's a boy or girl.
The giraffes were heat embossed w/clear embossing powder and then painted with an aquabrush and corresponding inks. The background was made using a whimsy flower stamp repetitively in various inks. I added the scallop punches and outlined the largest punch w/white dots. The buttons were also heat embossed and adhered w/mini gluedots.
Don't forget to enter for your chance to win BLOG CANDY!
Have a fab day!
Julz :p

1 comment:

Kathy Braun and Lucky said...

So sweet, love the colors, great job.