Saturday, May 1, 2010

Tealight Cakes & a Sketch Challenge

I'm loving these Tealight Cakes! :p Have you tried one yet? The tutorial is found at splitcoaststampers.com.

I used this new product called Skittles from Stampin' Up. You can't see the glitter well, but I did heat emboss them in Stardust to add a little sparkle. Be careful when you heat emboss them though b/c the Skittle can melt a little bit if it gets too hot from the heat gun. If you can't tell by now, I LOVE to emboss! :p
Supplies:
Cardstock: Recollections
Accessories: Ribbon, Skittles, Stardust embossing powder, Cuttlebug Embossing folder in Swiss Dots, Aleene's Paper Glaze, Punches: Large & medium Scallop

I also made a matching card for one of them which satisfies the Taylored Expressions sketch challenge.
I used more embossed Skittles on the card. These were larger than the mini Skittles used above. I made a flower using a tutorial on Beate John's blog. I used a figure 8 type style to adhere the ribbon to the strip of red liner tape.
I made another flower to go around the "flame" and then added red glitter to the center.
Supplies:
Cardstock: Recollections, Random scrap paper
Ink: Studio G Ink spots in Orange, White, Yellow
Stamps: SU! A Beautiful Thing Flower
Accessories: Cuttlebug Embossing Folder in Swiss Dots, Ribbon, Aleene's Paper Glaze, Skittles, Red Sparkle Embossing powder, Red liner tape, Punches - Large & Medium Scallop, medium Flower
Time to go clean up a little around the house. :)
Have a fab day!
Julz :p

1 comment:

Melissa Sauls said...

Oh wow, these projects are absolutely FABULOUS!!! Great job on the sketch too and so glad you could play. Hope to see you again next week! :)