Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Tealight Cake Box





By now, I'm sure you've seen my past couple posts on Tealight Cakes. Check here & here. I wanted to create a box for one too, and had seen a few but couldn't find any directions. So what's a girl to do but create her own? Well, not really create but I adjusted some numbers and added a bench for my tealight! The bench raises the tealight just enough that it's perfectly seen by the recipient!






I used the tutorial from Scor-pal for the One Cupcake Box. I made the following changes to the size of the cardstock.


  • Base - 21 CM x 21CM and score at 7cm and 14 cm on both sides.
  • Lid - 11.8 cm x 11.8 cm -score at 2.2 cm and 9.6cm on each side
  • Acetate - 6cm x 6cm
  • Bench - 2.5" x 3" piece of acetate - Score long ways at .5", 1.5", 2", 3", and 3,5". Fold along all score lines and using redliner tape, tape together the two sides that overlap. You'll end up w/a 2.5" x .5" bench for your cake to sit on to be seen through the window.

I goofed a little on the box lid. I meant to cut a partial scallop out of the lid to match up to the bottom but attached it before I remembered. I still love it and think it's cute! Next time, I'll add the extra cut!

I'm finally off to bed! I got off work at 1a and couldn't rest until I had made this box and posted it! LOL Crazy, right? :p

Have a fab day!

Julz :p

No comments: