Monday, May 24, 2010

Clean & Simple DT

I'm so excited! :p Splitcoaststampers.com is running a Summer Design Team Challenge for their Clean & Simple Forum! Here are my two entries! I hope to make the cut!

The first challenge is to create a card that represents Summer. I love summer! When I was kid we always had these HUGE family cookouts and watched the fireworks at our old house. It overlooked Hills (the store) and we had a great view while we sipped on our rootbeer floats! :p

I ran the white cardstock through the Swiss Dots folder then stamped the small stars and added the rub-on letters. I heat embossed 3 large stars and popped them up so they kind of exploded from the group of stars. I added the ribbon and button and adhered to the base.


Supplies:
Cardstock: Recollections
Stamps: SU! Stars & Swirls
Ink: SU! Riding Hood Red, Studio G Ink Spots in White, Navy
Accessories: Making Memories Rub-on Letters, ribbon, button, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Embossing Folder

The second challenge card is to create a card using a group & amusement park colors. Has to be kinda of flashy w/some ribbon. I just love this Bee Trio! So cute! I ran the cardstock through a Swirls Folder using the Blank Embossing Technique. I stamped the Bee Trio and sentiment then colored in w/markers. The ribbon and button were added w/glue dots.


Supplies:
Cardstock: Recollections
Ink: Black Dye Ink
Stamp: Stampendous Bee Trio
Accessories: Gelly Roll Stardust Glitter Pen, markers, Ribbon Boutique Polka Dot Black organza, button

We should know in a few days who makes the cut to the next round! I'm so excited! WOOHOO! I've been wanting to be part of a DT for a while now! Wish me luck! :p

Have a fab day!
Julz :p

No comments: