Thursday, May 13, 2010

A Baby Shower Card

My friend, Suzan's baby shower is this weekend! I'm very excited and can't wait to celebrate her soon-to-be-born bundle of joy with her. At first, the doc was definitely sure it was a girl but now he's a little unsure so I made a card that could be for either a boy or girl. I really love the way it turned out! I was so excited b/c I just received the Martha Stewart Circle Cutter for my birthday from my mom and I was able to play with it for the first time yesterday! :p I have been wanting a circle cutter for the longest time but wasn't sure how much use I would get out of it so I held off on the purchase.



The letters are cardstock that I heat embossed using light green and Stardust embossing powder. I also heat embossed the black (yes BLACK) buttons w/white pigment ink and white sparkle embossing powder! One coat of ink!!!! I was shocked by how well the white covered the black! I added a few stickers and some ribbon. The rickrack is actually white but I wanted yellow instead so I brushed it on a yellow ink pad to achieve the color.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Brazzil Light Green, Recollections White
Accessories: buttons, Grosgrain ribbon, rickrack, stickers, cardstock letters
Ink: Studio G Ink Spots in Yellow and Light Green
Technique: Heat embossing
Tools: Martha Stewart Circle Cutter, Embossing Powder in Stardust and White Sparkle, Redliner Tape, Glue Dots, Foam Tape

Today is going to be a crazy day! Lots of errands before work and I have been commissioned to do 20 invitations for Brianna's Big BASH! :p I created some cute Flip Flops invites that I'll share with you tomorrow!

Have a fab day!
Julz :p

No comments: