Thursday, April 22, 2010

Vellum Flowers

So, I did a LOT of cardmaking today as you can see! ;) Here's another card for the Taylored Expressions sketch challenge. And both cards cover the DeNami Design Challenge which is anything Spring-like.

I ran the white cardstock through the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Embossing folder and then punched out the flowers. I layered additional flowers over the punched out pieces and added some gems. I layered the large white and purple-pink flower and then embossed a bit of the flower so it sparkled.
Supplies:
Cardstock: Recollections
Stamps: The sentiment is from SU! A Beautiful Thing
Accessories: brads, gems, ribbon, CuttlebugEmbossing folder in Swiss Dots
I also made this great card w/vellum flowers! I intertwined the layers a bit and loved the look!
Here's a closeup of the flowers.
These were very easy to make yet really pack a punch!
I punched out three medium and 3 large flowers in red, orange, and yellow vellum. I lined all 3 medium flowers and cut halfway through the center. I repeated w/the large flowers.
Taking two of the flowers, I inserted one cut side of one flower into the cut side the second flower and then added the third flower so that the centers matched.
I then spanned them out so the centers were still intertwined yet the colors varied.
I repeated with the large flowers then added glue dots to the centers of both and added foam tape to the center of the large flower. I then layered the medium flower on top and added the button.


Supplies:
Cardstock: Recollections
Accessories: Random vellum scraps, buttons, colored string, ribbon, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, Cardstock letters
Ok I'm officially done stamping for the day! :p
Have a fab night! :)
Julz

7 comments:

Michele Gross said...

Oh how yummy! I love them both! Such a fun technique with lots of wow power! So glad you played with us the DeNami challenge :)

Ayana Posadas said...

Great cards! :)
I love the embossing and the glitter that you added... AND the rhinestones! Great details! So pretty!

..::Paulina::.. said...

What fun cards! Those flowers are adorable!

So glad you were able to join us in the DeNami challenge!

Tenia Nelson said...

Wonderful cards!!

Wendy said...

Great way to use Taylor's sketch and make it springy for the DeNami challenge! Love the way you layered the flowers.

Jenny said...

I love all those flowers, so spring like! Thanks for playing in the DeNami challenge!

Lisa Petrella said...

Beautiful flowers! Love the sparkle!!