Thursday, April 8, 2010

A Leafy Birthday Card

I am not a pattern mixer by nature as I was always taught no stripes with polka dots and no flowers with paisley! :p It's a hard habit to break! I've been seeing all these great cards though that have mixed patterns and decided to mix it up! Of course I made another card for the Taylored Expressions Sketch challenge.


I found this great paper the other day from The Paper Studio. Both the flowery background and the striped paper matched perfectly!
I wanted to do something a little different than ribbon along the bottom though. I played around with a few different ideas like using a scalloped border but I really wanted to do something leafy. I stamped and cut out the leaves then sponged them w/this light green color. The leaves kinda curled up. So I left some curled one way and then curled the others in the opposite direction. You can see below how some curl up.


I then added some Taylor's Tiny Twinkles to the base of the leaves, scalloped circles, and a few extra next to the flower, Veins were added to the leaves with a Gelly Roll pen. I attached everything to the card with paper glaze and voila! I just love it and I think my aunt will too!
Supplies:
Cardstock - Recollection cream
Paper - The Paper Studio and random blue and green scraps
Ink - Studio G Ink Spots
Accessories - Taylored Expressions Taylored Tiny Twinkles, button, foam tape
Have a fab day!
Julz :)

No comments: