Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Flowers, flowers, & more flowers!

Happy Thursday! Today is the start of my vacation! WOOHOO! :p After this crazy volcanic eruption this past week, I sure have earned it! I'm kinda on this Glossy Accents kick right now as I just picked up my first bottle! LOVE it!

Here's the latest sketch challenge from Taylored Expressions! What a great sketch! :)

I've so wanted to make one of these cool Explosion Boxes that I found on Splitcoaststampers! I have a friend's birthday coming up soon and wanted to make a cute box in which to place her present. I flipped the sketch upside down to suit my box purposes as I wanted the big flower on top.
After scoring the box, I stamped it using this great swirl stamp I found in the $1 bin at Michaels. I did the same to the top and then sponged the edges w/Stampin' Up Chocolate Chip Ink. The buttons were dipped in ink and then clear embossing powder was sprinkled over them and heat set.
The inside:
The great sentiment: Just a perfect surprise to an exploding box! ;)

Supplies:
Cardstock: Recollections
Ink: SU! Chocolate Chip and Studio G Ink Spot in Pink
Stamps: $1 Swirl Stamp, Sentiment from SU! Life Gives You Reasons to Smile Set and Happy birthday from SU! Bear Buttons Set
Accessores: Buttons, cream ribbon, red liner tape, glue dots, eyelet, Glossy Accents, Flower Punches in Large and Medium

I also made a card using the same sketch. I wanted to make something bright and sunny so I punched out the flowers in yellow cardstock and sponged them w/orange. I covered them in Glossy Accents and let dry.


The white cardstock was run through a Cuttlebug Embossing Folder in Swiss Dots. I added this great ribbon I found a while back, these fab gem brads, and an embossed sentiment.
Supplies:
Cardstock: Recollections
Ink: Studio G Ink Spots Orange
Stamps: Sentiment is from Stampin' Up!'s A Beautiful Thing Set
Accessories: Glossy Accents, brads, ribbon, foam tape, Taylored Expressions Tiny Twinkles, Cuttlebug embossing folders - Swiss Dots, embossing powder

Ok one more post today! ;) Ever get inspired by something you see in a store? I found all these great watermelon items at Hobby Lobby and they inspired me to make a card.

The flowers were punched out and sponged w/red ink then covered in Glossy Accents. I attached together with foam tape and added the gem to the middle.



Supplies:
Cardstock - Recollections
Ink - Studio G ink spots in White, Lime Green, Black
Accessories: Glossy Accents, gems, Large and Medium Flower Punches, Rickrack in white and green

I'm off to do a little more creating! ;)

Have a fab day!
Julz :)

No comments: