Saturday, April 10, 2010

A couple of challenges along with some birthdays

Lots of great challenges this week so I've tried to combine a few of them. Both cards below are for the Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge.




I also saw a great color challenge from Stacey's Stampin Stage on Kari Linder's blog as well that I thought I'd try.
I do not have the exact shades that were used but I think I came pretty close to finding the matching colors above. I used one of my fav stamps sets - SU! Espressoly for You. I just think this set is so versatile not to mention cute!!! :p I stamped the mug twice on Kraft cardstock then also the green and blue polka dot papers. I left one of the mugs alone on the Kraft and cut out the coffee part on the other one. From the green, I cut out the mug and saucer and the blue was the tablecloth. I then paper pieced them all together. I used my new Fiskars Scalloped Edge Punch to add little something to the end. I added a great green sparkling gem to hold the card upright. I wasn't sure I'd be too crazy about this one b/c the colors are a little out there but I really like the way it turned out.

Supplies -
Paper: Random scrap designed paper
Cardstock: Recollections
Stamps: Stampin' Up Espressoly for You Set
Accessories: sparkly brad, white grosgrain ribbon
Punch: Fiskars Scalloped Edge Punch
This was my first attempt to the TE challenge before I discovered the color challenge. I'm not crazy about this card but I like it well enough to post. I struggle with masculine cards. Feminine cards just seem so much easier! ;)


Supplies:
Paper - Random Scraps
Cardstock: Recollections
Accessories: Raffia, buttons, square brads, Gelly Roll Sparkle Pen
Stamps: $1 Candle Stamp from Michaels, Happy Birthday is from SU! Button Bear set
If you get a chance, check out the challenges and blogs above!
Have a fab day!
Julz :p

1 comment:

dstandard said...

Both cards are cute! Great colors!